The Shepherd’s Market has been featured by local media outlets on several occasions. Members of the press who want to learn more should contact Theresa Sandifer at 225.337.1306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Blue donated a commercial fridge/freezer to the pantry, and Theresa is quoted in this Associated Press story.
The Shepherd’s Market was featured in the November 2017 issue of Baton Rouge Christian Life magazine in an article about an LSU researcher’s work on food insecurity and health.
The Shepherd’s Market was featured in the November 2015 issue of Baton Rouge Christian Life magazine. Check out page 18 in the print issue or online here.
InRegister featured The Shepherd’s Market in a late August 2015 article, Giving Back: The Shepherd’s Market at St. John’s.
The Shepherd’s Market: Serving the Hungry, Feeding the Soul | City Social, September 2014
Shepherd’s Market marks two years feeding souls | The Advocate, July 23, 2014
Student garden provides produce for food pantry | The Advocate, August 13, 2014
St. John’s United Methodist Church Faith Stories
The St. John’s United Methodist Church regularly shares members’ experiences working with church ministries or other activities where they have experienced God’s presence. Many of these Faith Stories feature The Shepherd’s Market:
- Faith Stories: A Christmas Blessing
- Faith Stories: United as One
- Faith Stories: The Shepherd’s Market’s Second Anniversary
- Faith Stories: God Sighting
- Faith Stories: The Hunger Banquet
- Faith Stories: Ask with Boldness
- Faith Stories: To Really See
- Faith Stories: A New Outlook on Life
- Faith Stories: Choosing Kindness
- Faith Stories: A Grateful Giver